Monday, February 6, 2017

Happy Monday!

You should have found a class list in your child’s backpack on Friday. This is a list to be used for Valentines. We will be celebrating Valentines on Tuesday, Feb. 14 from 1:00-2:30 with the other 2nd grade classes.

Report cards were also sent on Friday. I found these reports to be a bit daunting as I marked them. As always, I would be glad to answer any questions or clarify anything you might need. If you would like to chat, send me a quick email. I can respond by email or a phone call.

It’s important to note that students are considered ‘at grade level’ in reading if they are reading an “L” or above.  The report lists the level the child started at and ends at his or her current level. This was confusing to me, so do not hesitate to ask questions!

My students have PE on Wednesdays and Thursdays. It is important your child has gym shoes to participate. Mrs. Bradley has extra shoes in the gym but some students are spending 30 or minutes looking for a pair of shoes to wear. which means the entire time is spent looking for shoes.

Michigan weather is fickle! Please be sure your child has snow pants and boots EVERY DAY! Even if there is no snow, the playground is wet and muddy. I spend a lot of time trying to find clean/dry clothes for my students. This can be avoided with snow pants.

Our next FIELD TRIP is Friday morning, Feb. 17. We’ll be heading to the Ford Museum. I’d love to have you come along to help with the kids. A background check is needed….More information will be sent later. 


Finally, tomorrow night is the Roller Skating Party at Terry Hall (6:00-8:00) and Friday night is movie night at Alpine Elementary (7:00pm). 


No comments:

Post a Comment