I operate my classroom using the Love and Logic philosophy (www.loveandlogic.com). There are several components to this philosophy, with shared responsibility being at the forefront. This involves allowing children to make choices when acceptable. In addition, this philosophy embraces the concept of allowing the consequences to be the teacher.
How I run my Love and Logic Classroom
Miss Brinks’ Class
- I will treat you with respect, so you will know how to treat me.
- Feel free to do anything you want as long as it doesn’t cause a problem for anybody else in the whole wide world.
- If you cause a problem, I will ask you to solve it.
- If you can’t solve the problem, or choose not to, I will do something.
- What I do depends on the special person and the special situation.
- If you feel something is unfair, whisper to me, “I’m not sure that’s fair”, and we will talk about it.